It is common and the most important questions that one asks oneself when renovating a bathroom, especially if there is no alternative to a second bathroom or guest toilet: How long do I have to go without my bathroom during the renovation?
Duration of a bathroom renovation
The planning and organization of the bathroom renovation as well as the ordering and delivery of the material takes the most time. So it is important to hire local handyman services in Lexington, MA. The time frame can vary greatly, but is usually up to two and a half months.The actual renovation of the bathroom takes about two weeks on average. Of course, there can be a number of complicating factors that can delay the process. For example, if you have a very old bathroom and there are no connections or water pipes need to be replaced, this can lengthen the renovation period.
Exemplary process of a smooth and complete bathroom renovation
So that you can get a better idea of the actual bathroom renovation process, we will show you a classic example here, in which no renovation systems are used. Depending on the technical effort, this is shortened if, for example, no new piping is necessary, or lengthened if there are aggravating factors.
- First, the old bathroom is completely demolished and the tiles are knocked off. If possible, the installers then start with the raw installation.
- It continues with the raw installation and the piping. The electrical work can be done at the same time.
- Depending on the scope, the craftsmen deal with further basic installations or already start with the bricklaying and plastering work.
- The masonry and plastering work continues, plastering all slots in the wall and smoothing out slightly crooked walls.
- The final masonry and plastering work is carried out, and a flowing screed is also introduced, for example.
- The room is supposed to dry out over the weekend.
- Now the tiling work can begin. The tiler first tiles the walls and then the floor.
- Tiling work is being carried out again.
- The tiles can then be grouted.
The craftsmen dedicate themselves to the fine installation, including plumbing and electrical work, such as the attachment of fittings, equipment, lights, etc.
Finally, the fine installation will be completed and painting will be done and silicone joints will be drawn and new bathroom is ready!